Lumin S1 Music Server
State Of The Art Music Server
4 x ESS Sabre 32 Reference DAC’s
DSD 128 5.6Mhz Playback
External Dual Toroidal Power Supply
Comprehensive Review on 6moons.com
The new LUMIN S1 adds DSD128 5.6Mhz support by utilising 4 ESS SABRE32 Reference DAC chips to deliver a total of 16 DACs per channel in parallel.
While LUMIN S1 brings greater resolution and a more dynamic sound, no stone has been left unturned to ensure that the characteristic LUMIN musicality is delivered. This has involved tuning every part of the system to complement these new DAC chips, including revising the clocking system and enhancing the external dual-toroidal power supply.
Effortlessly plays everything from DSD 128 5.6Mhz through high-res PCM to mainstream formats FLAC, Apple Lossless, MP3 and Internet radio streams.
Gapless Playback, On-Device Playlists and robust music buffering provide a superior playback experience, free from distractions.
Precision-machined from a solid block of aluminium using the finest materials, LUMIN deserves a place at the top of any audiophile’s hi-fi.
The highest-grade matching components, circuit design and spacious layout include true balanced audio outputs and an external toroidal power supply.
A superbly natural, attractive and uniquely designed iPad app makes music browsing and selection a pleasure for everyone.
FREE I-PAD supplied with the S1.
SPECIFICATION FOR ALL LUMIN MUSIC PLAYERS
- UPnP AV protocol with audio streaming extension
- Gapless Playback
- On-Device Playlist
SUPPORTED AUDIO FILE FORMATS:
- DSF (DSD), DIFF (DSD), DoP (DSD)
- FLAC, Apple Lossless (ALAC), WAV, AIFF
COMPRESSED (LOSSY) AUDIO:
- MP3, AAC (in M4A container)
SUPPORTED AUDIO SAMPLE RATES, BIT DEPTHS, NUMBER OF CHANNELS:
- PCM, 44.1kHz – 384kHz, 16 – 32bit, Stereo
- DSD, 2.8MHz, 1bit, Stereo (5.6MHz on LUMIN S1)
UPSAMPLING RATES & BIT DEPTHS:
- DSD upsampling option for all files up to 96kHz
SUPPORTED CONTROL DEVICES:
- All models of Apple iPad (v2 or later). iOS 5.0 or later required. Full Retina Display support.
- High-resolution artwork. Artwork caching. AirPlay compatibility. Multiple-tag handling. ‘Composer’ tag support. Find & Filter. Tag browsing.
- Ethernet network 100Base-T
- USB storage, flash drive, USB hard disk (Single-partition FAT32, NTFS and EXT2/3 only)
- XLR balanced, 4Vrms, pin 2 Hot
- RCA unbalanced, 2Vrms
- PCM 44.1kHz–192kHz, 16–24bit
- DSD (DoP, DSD over PCM) 2.8MHz, 1bit
- PCM 44.1kHz–192kHz, 16–24bit
- DSD (Native or DoP) 2.8MHz, 1bit
- Raw brushed aluminium
- Black anodised aluminium finish is available as a special order item. Please contact your retailer for costs and lead time
- Firmware-upgradable for further features and enhancements
- Up to DSD128 5.6MHz, 1-bit
- PCM 44.1kHz–192kHz, 16–24-bit
- DSD 2.8MHz, 1-bit
ANALOG OUTPUT STAGE:
- 4 ESS SABRE32 9018 DAC chips – 2 units per channel delivering 16 DACs per channel in parallel
- Fully balanced layout with high-quality components
- Output connectors coupled with dual LUNDAHL LL7401 output transformers
- External dual-toroidal
- Available in 240V and 110V versions
LUMIN (SOLID ALUMINIUM CHASSIS):
- 350mm (W), 345mm (D), 60mm (H), 8kg
- 100mm (W), 315mm (D), 55mm (H), 2kg
Ask a Question
Ask a question about this product
We'll get back to you as soon as possible.