Furutech SK-II Electrostatic Record Brush
Remove static charges from a host of hi-fi and AV replay media with this top-end performer.
Furutech is justifiably proud of its reputation for engineering, build-quality and performance, and has won the loyal support of audio enthusiasts worldwide for their finely made and beautiful sounding cables and audio accessories.
Furutech performance is legendary in the hi-fi industry, and they continue to bring exceptional products to the market that are carefully engineered to guarantee the best sound per pound.
The Furutech SKII brush is like no other; it removes static from the record’s surface, period. It also works on CDs, DVDs and many other areas.
It is well-known to those involved with high-end audio and home theatre that by removing the electrostatic charge from audio and visual media, a great improvement in sound and picture quality can be realised. until now, removing electrostatic charges has always been a costly exercise, both in time and money. Developed by SFC of Japan, the patented SK-II electrostatic brush is here – courtesy of Furutech.
This revolutionary product, so simple to use, will change your listening or viewing experience for good. You can see and hear a difference that is realised in just a few minutes: experience the product that has become such a massive hit among Japanese high-end audio and home theatre fans.
The SK-II uses only the finest goat hair. Hard to come by and extremely soft, the goats hair used on the SK-II is perfect for cleaning dust out of those precious LPs and will not leave the slightest mark on CDs, DVD or projector lenses. Very portable, easy to use; and it comes with a clear plastic cover to keep the bristles of the brush well protected.
As all audio and visual fans know the more we use our CD/SACD/DVD/DVD-Audio discs, the more dust and fingerprints are left on the surface of the discs. Using disc cleaners, we wash and wipe them with cloths; but in doing so we inadvertently give an electrostatic charge to our media. And this is not to mention the resulting static charge from the simple action of removing them from their protective cases or covers – in the case of CDs 500~1,500V of frictional static electricity and ten times that for LPs, 3,000~20,000V.
When disc media is played in a statically charged state, sounds are generally clouded; vowel sounds become thin and lower range sounds cannot be heard to their full potential. With regards to LPs you will be adding to small scratch noises, because of the noise from sparks caused by a static charge can be heard through the speakers during pick-up.
By using the SK-II and lightly brushing the surface of LPs, CDs or DVDs in a circular motion, the sound quality of LPs and CDs will be improved and the image quality on DVD replay will also improve.
The reliability and effectiveness of the SK-II’s ability to remove static charge is well-known to, and used exclusively by the meticulous Japanese Police Force in their crime scene investigations, brushing away the aluminium particles to reveal fingerprints. The SK-II is their trusted choice.
And now the SK-II is sure to become an indispensable item for all audio and AV fans.
Features of the SK-II:-
- Materials: natural goats’ hair surrounded by thicker strengthening acrylic fibres. Only the natural fine goat hair is exposed to any disk media and will not damage or mark in any way.
- By using electrically conductive acrylic fibres that have been coated with copper-sulphide and have been bound together with a metal band. when both sides of the metal band are held during use, a corona discharge results; thereby removing static charge from media and charged dust particles.
- The acrylic fibres have been set back 15mm from the tip of the brush and their chemical coating absorbs positively charged copper ions. The structure of these electrically conductive acrylic fibres (40 denier, thickness 69.3 microns) is patented (#1677237).
- After a considerable amount of use the SK-II can be washed using a neutral cleansing agent and rinsed well with water and left to dry in the shade (please do not wash with cleansing agents containing bleach).
- Usually it is enough to just simply brush away most of the static charge, but if you would like to rid your media completely of static charge then dab a slightly damp tissue paper on the surface of the media.
- This product is also very effective for use on projector lenses, LCD screens, plasma screens as well as CDs, DVDs and LPs.
Full review of the Furutech SKII.
You can browse Furutech’s web site here. Please contact us if you see anything you want that’s not listed on our web site.
Ask a Question
Ask a question about this product
We'll get back to you as soon as possible.