Custom Mounting Collar for Jelco Tone-Arms
New improved design now available.
The arm collar is now available in BLACK or GREY
The Mk2 Custom Jelco Mounting Collar incorporates a number of key design improvements:
- There is now a sharp cut-out to the side of the central pillar hole, which means that the arm pillar is now held gently but firmly against two vertical ‘knife edges’. So, it is no longer possible for the arm pillar to wobble even slightly, nor to tilt from the true vertical.
- The 6mm stainless steel grub screw is now longer and fitted with an integral nylon end piece, replacing the separate nylon stub that was previously provided.
- The external diameter of the collar has been reduced by 2mm to ensure full compatibility with any armboard cut for the standard Jelco collar, eg the Sound Supports board for Technics SL-1200/1210 turntables.
This is the very latest design of mounting collar for popular Jelco tonearms. The mounting hole and bolt spacing are exactly the same as the standard Jelco collar, so it is a direct drop-in replacement for the original Jelco mounting collar.
- Precisely CNC machined from aircraft grade aluminium alloy, fine bead blasted and anodised to a high standard of finish.
- Available in bright natural alloy or black anodised finishes (please specify the finish required when ordering)
- Compatible with standard Jelco collar mounting templates
- Fits all Jelco tonearms with 18mm diameter pillars, including Audioquest, Sumiko and LAD variants and derivatives
- Slightly taller than the standard collar, and longer underneath for much better support of the arm pillar.
- Fitted with a large stainless steel M6 grub screw, with optional nylon stub to protect the arm pillar.
- Secures the arm pillar truly upright, gently but firmly, eliminating the ‘rocking’ that affects the standard Jelco collar.
- Supplied with M4 stainless steel fixing bolts (25mm long) with nuts and washers and hex key for arm height adjustment
- Have you ever tried to set the azimuth of a Jelco tonearm correctly? Just when you think you’ve got it sorted, it’s off again! That’s because the standard collar, while beautifully machined, provides very poor vertical support of the arm pillar; and the tiny set screw typically pushes the top part of the arm to one side, guaranteeing that the arm will not be properly set up. The azimuth actually varies as the arm traverses the record, which matters a great deal with modern cartridges and stylus profiles. The custom collar gets around that problem by ensuring that the arm pillar will always be secured properly vertical, so setup becomes easy and repeatable.
- Correct and consistent setup means better sound reproduction
- Easy to fit, adjust and keep clean
- There are already many happy users of this custom collar across the world
- The custom collar is 5mm taller than the Jelco original. Where there is less than 5mm clearance between the top of the standard Jelco collar and the base of the arm rest plate as currentky fitted, it may not be possible to set the arm low enough with the custom collar, to achieve correct VTA without recourse to a thicker platter mat or headshell spacers. It is possible to use thin metal shims between the cartridge and headshell to ‘jack up’ the rear of the cartridge, thereby achieving the correct VTA without using different mats or spacers.
- Users of the Sound Supports Jelco armboard for the Technics SL-1200/1210 will need to enlarge the upper plate opening by 1mm all round, to accommodate the custom collar.
Ask a Question
Ask a question about this product
We'll get back to you as soon as possible.